Step 2. Do Your Research
Know the Market
Understand what and why there are differential price points.
Talk to Your Local Realtor – RealtyWest
- Discuss your property requirements.
- Find out if you are in the price ball park.
- Indicate your desired price range.
- Register your details.
Search the Internet
- Internet sites, including reiwa.com.au and realestate.com.au provide a valuable comparison tool in terms of what is on the market and what your desired budget will purchase.
- Website Suburb Profiles also provide a terrific comparison tool in terms of amenities, including schools, transport, shops and parks.
- Local Authority websites, ie. www.belmont.wa.gov.au provide an excellent source of information relating to neighbourhood services, upcoming events and technical information.
Browse the Newspapers
- Weekend property liftouts and homes for sale/rent provide an additional source of reference, with many suburb headings also linking adjoining suburbs for consideration.
- Local Community Newspapers, including the Southern Gazette are an additional and excellent local property resource tool.
Essentially, it is important to be as fully informed as possible and be prepared to ask lots of questions or bring a trusted friend who is!